Vintage FolsomBy: Photo taken by Howard Chan and supplied by Bernau Development Corp.
The photo above is of Folsom’s Chan’s Market, circa 1940 at 923 Sutter Street. In 1937, George Chan purchased the property and the family store opened its doors thereafter.
The store later became the Main Street Market, and in 1964, it reopened under the name C&C Market.
In 2001, the store closed and transformed into a number of different office spaces through the years.
Today, the building is home to the Folsom Telegraph.