The above photo is of Jacob Miller who owned a furniture and undertaking business at 709 Sutter Street.
Miller was a German immigrant who opened a furniture and casket-making business and a livery stable on Sutter Street in 1869. He became a full-time undertaker in the 1880s.
In 1920, his son, Oscar, moved the family business to Scott Street.
In 1940, Oscar's son, Leland, took over and then sold the business to Robert Claney in 1962.