Vintage FolsomBy: Photo courtesy of the Folsom Historic District Association
Pictured is a promotional billboard promoting the construction of the “new” Folsom dam, circa 1950s. The current Folsom Dam replaced an earlier, smaller dam that had been completed in 1893. The remains of the earlier dam can be seen downstream from the Folsom Lake Crossing and will be featured in a future edition of the Telegraph. Construction of the dam began in 1951 and was completed in 1955.