Get your home ready for spring with these 5 tipsBy: Laura Newell, Of the Telegraph
With spring just around the corner, what are some easy swaps people can change around their house for the new season?
Enter Kerrie Kelly, a certified interior designer and author. Kelly owns Kerrie Kelly Design Lab, in Sacramento.
“In the midst of my yearly spring cleaning routine, I always look forward to finding new ways to refresh my home’s look and feel,” Kelly said. “Rearranging and editing out items that no longer serve a purpose always seems to lifts my spirits.”
Kelly said small changes can make a big difference to a home’s ambiance.
“Painting a room, switching out window coverings, or rolling up an area rug can completely transform a space without a complete design overhaul,” Kelly said.
The following tips, provided by Kelly, provide easy and affordable solutions for inviting spring into your home.
1. Dress up walls or ceilings with a dose of energetic color and patterns via wall covering. Even in a small space, graphic patterns in citrus colors can do wonders to enliven a space.
2. Invigorate a quiet space with a juicy, colorful lamp. Going bold with accents allows you the opportunity to experience color without making a big investment.
3. When the seasons change, replace your accessories with those related to spring. Fresh green accents are easy to grab from the outdoors – with a new season comes a bounty of lush color to incorporate into your interior.
4. A gleaming white bath is a great canvas for incorporating towels and containers of color. Accessories like lacquered boxes stylishly hold essentials and are great way to ease into your daily routine even if you aren’t a morning person.
5. Revamp a kid’s space with a mix of patterns and coordinating colors. An accent chair with contrasting seat and welting makes a traditional piece a bit more playful and kid-friendly. Throw a thoughtful monogram on the piece to make it even more personal and playful, too.
For more interior design tips, visit kerriekelly.com.